Drive-Yourself, 1-Hr. Horse-Back, Guided Trail Ride
BEGINNER & INTERMEDIATE, ONE HOUR GUIDED HORSE-BACK TRAIL RIDE.
Drive-yourself to our 1 Hour Horseback Riding Trail Ride. Great for beginners and riders of all levels.
Located only 35 minutes from downtown Toronto, near Hwy. 427 & Hwy. 7. Remember to leave early due to Toronto traffic.
Enjoy a gentle trail ride with the horses walking the trails, enjoying the scenery. If you never have done horse-back riding before or if you simply love horses and getting out into nature then this is for you.
Drive Yourself, Horse-Back Riding includes a Guided Trail Ride on horse back through Claireville Conservation Area. This is another amazing get-a-way from city life. Claireville is an oasis for wildlife- a healthy diverse urban forest sprawled over 848 hectares and one of the largest natural corridors. Often you ride past deer, grazing in the fields.
The stable says: "All the horses are well trained and the riders don't require experience.", but as usual, you are responsible for your own safety and your own safety decisions.
A Great way to Socialize, Enjoy Nature, try something new & Have Fun!
• One hour guided trail rides
• Varied terrain - woods, streams, fields and hills
• possible Wildlife sightings - deer, hawks, beaver and various birds
• Experienced and helpful guides
• Reliable and easy going horses suited to the rider's size and ability.
Proper footwear is required for safety reasons for all activities involving horses and ponies. We recommend riding/cowboy boots or hiking boots as the most appropriate. Rubber boots or fully closed running shoes are acceptable as well. If you do not have any of these we do have some rubber boots available to borrow at no charge so don’t worry if your decision to come for a ride is spontaneous and you don’t have your boots with you! Just bring some socks and we’ll do our best to find something that works for you.
Loose articles such as purses, cell phones, cameras and keys are not permitted on the trail rides. Please lock all valuables in your trunk or leave them with us in the designated area. Such items can be easily lost when riding, as the movement of the horse causes them to work their way out of even the deepest pockets, where they will fall unnoticed onto the trail to be stepped on, or into the VERY long grass, never to be seen again. We are not responsible for lost items. Anything held in your hand while riding will impair your ability to properly control your horse and is therefore considered a safety hazard. We will be happy to assist you with taking pictures either before or after your ride whenever time permits, as we know that capturing these memories is important to you.
Age Restrictions and Helmets & Pony Ride information:
How To Dress & what to bring:
- Adult optional Helmets available for all ages at $6
- Helmets required by law for riders 18 years of age and under
- must be 10 years old and older to ride a horse (minimum 27" inseam)
- pony rides are available for children, only $5 / 15 minutes, led by their parent or guardian. If interested ask at ranch for a child pony ride.
- Must wear flat bottomed shoes, NO HEELS or SANDALS
- Acceptable foot-wear Regular outdoor boots or enclosed shoes flat bottomed shoes, running shoes, hiking boots or coy-boy boots
- Long pants are best.
- Long sleeves to keep you warm or to keep the sun off your arms.
- a jacket if it is cool.
- a Hat if it is sunny or cool or a riding helmet if you have one or you can rent one
- Bring your camera!
- A big Smile because you are about to go Horse-Back Riding
Cancellations / Rescheduling / Refunds:
- The Rides start on the Hour. If you are late you miss your ride and you do NOT get a refund. Be at least 15 minutes early. Expect Traffic therefore provide yourself enough time deal with Toronto traffic. Do not call to let us know that you are running late because, unfortunately the rides cannot wait for late arrivals.
Toronto Adventures Members:
- Toronto Adventures Inc. does not provide refunds, we only provide credits towards future events. In order to cancel or reschedule a event, customers MUST send us a cancellation / rescheduling email to info@TorontoAdventures.ca a minimum of 72 hours prior to the scheduled event. Toronto Adventures Inc. must receive the Cancellation / Rescheduling email a minimum of 72 hours prior to your scheduled event in order for you to receive a credit towards a future Toronto Adventures Inc. event. Absolutely NO Cancellations, Rescheduling or Refunds within 72 hours of the event or the day of the event for any reason, even if the sky falls down.
Please enter your Member Discount Code at the check-out payment page.